Vortex Raptor 8.5 x 32mm
So, Vortex Raptor was my choice for binocular and now I will tell you why.
When choosing binoculars the first thing you need to decide, of course, is the application. For my instance, the application was purely archery. Sighting in and spotting hits on targets, more specifically finding kill zones and eleven spots on 3D targets. For anyone interested in someday shooting I.B.O 8.5 magnification is the largest allowed. If you’re uninterested in that you can go as high as you want. However, keeping in the I.B.O guidelines I wanted a quality 8.5 magnification binocular that was light and clear.
After hours of research online I found the Vortex Raptors. Vortex Optics is famous for its quality lenses and design at a price lower than the competitors. As I had read reviews for the Vortex Raptor and other comparable binoculars such as Alpen, Nikon, or Leoupold; they were very similar. I decided to try the underdog and purchased the Vortex Raptors….. I was not disappointed.
Table of Contents
The Vortex Raptor 8.5 x 32mm Review
The Vortex Raptor came with a comfort neck strap, lens covers, cleaning cloth, and case. The craftsmanship seemed excellent and the initial clarity was super. After following the directions to focus the lenses into my eye; the next step was to try them on 3D which was their original intent. I was happy with the product. With the Vortex Raptor instead of approximating the eleven lines, I knew exactly where it was. They were clearer and easier to focus than even the 10X magnification binoculars I had before. I shoot 3D with two to three other people. All of them were amazed by the clarity and definition of the Vortex Raptor even though the magnification was lower than theirs.
The price is ultimately what sold me on these binoculars. Their price is much lower than the competitors and as described still deliver a beautiful product. The target from 6 yards all the way to 40 is clear with extreme precision. The eye relief adjustments are perfect for glasses or not. No more closing one eye to see your target. And with an unconditional warranty, you really can’t go wrong with these binoculars. Any problems notify Vortex and they will make it right.
A great product at a great value. I hope this helps anyone interested in a good 3D binocular.
Objective lens diameter: 32mm
Eye relief: 14mm
Exit pupil: 3.8mm
Linear field of view: 390 feet/1000 yards
Angular field of view: 7.4 degrees
Close focus: 15 feet
Interpupillary distance: 50 – 70 mm
Height: 4.5 inches
Width: 5.7 inches
Weight: 17.3 ounces
- Fully multi-coated lenses – Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Porro Prisms – Valued for a rich depth of field, wide field of view, and three-dimensional image.
- Waterproof – Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
- Fogproof – Nitrogen gas purging delivers fog-proof, waterproof performance.
- Rubber armor – Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
- Adjustable eyecups – Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
- Center focus wheel – Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
- Right eye diopter – Adjusts for differences in a user’s eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
There’s no better value in binoculars for this price. The Vortex Optics has upgraded its performance with a mid-size, wide-angle design featuring waterproof, fog-proof construction and fully multi-coated optics. The 8.5×32 Raptor binocular delivers a bright, crisp image with excellent color fidelity—even in low light conditions. With a wide range of interpupillary distances; finally, this binocular can be used by anyone in the family, from young children to adults.